Wednesday 4 April 2018

Of Kids : My Love-Hate Relationship with School Holidays

This is the final week of their three-week spring holiday. Finally. FINALLY.

While I love them being at home all the time (NOT), engaging those extra hours with them kids also requires a heaven lot of extra effort.

And more time in the kitchen. When I say more, I mean MORE. Literally half day. Sometimes more.

You see, I have three sons. Three GROWING boys who are hungry all. the. time. Three different appetites.

Sometimes when they're being a group of lovable adorable boys, they eat whatever I put on the table.

But of course, those days almost never happened. In fact it happened only once, during these whole almost-three-week time.

The rest of the time was only them being totally jerks who keep asking and refusing the same food all day all night.

"Mummy I want nasi and ayam."

Nasi and ayam on the plate 5 minutes later.

"No mummy I don't want nasi and ayam. I want donuts."

😡

And they totally refuse nasi for meal. Do you have any idea how hard it is to feed your kids when they have no mood for nasi? IMPOSSIBLE. But they will be hungry. And will ask for food. And make kesian face. And ask for food again. That lapar word will become their zikir.

And because they know you love them so much you'll feel so tak sampai hati to let them starve so you push your a** up into the kitchen and whip something not nasi for them. Such manipulative little midgets these kids are.

Being in this country with limited choices of halal food that I can buy, put me in additional stress too because I have to make everything from scratch.

And you will never believe the number of unnecessary screams over silly stuff I have to endure every day.

Ammar will scream because Amsyar kills his dogs in Minecraft.

Ayman will scream because Amsyar wouldn't help him cool down his nugget.

Amsyar will scream because Ayman is screaming at him.

💆

And don't let me start on those tiny hateful LEGO pieces. They are effing EVERYWHERE.

My husband will be furious if he knows this, but I have threw away about 15 pieces (most probably more) of them. Into the garbage bin you go. DUMP. That's what they deserve.


Mummy loves you kids, with all her heart, she'll even throw herself in front of a bullet for you, without thinking twice. She is beyond grateful for your presence, she thinks you are the best thing that ever happened to her, you are the center of her life,  and she wouldn't be able to live without you.

But please, go to school where you belong and give this mummy of yours some peace of mind.




Two more days to go. Pray for my sanity.







No comments:

Post a Comment